Please sign in to post.

Hotels & Restaurants in Haarlem, Netherlands??

Do you have any recommendations for a good/reasonable hotel or restaurants?

Posted by
32889 posts

What sorts of restaurants would you be looking for in Haarlem; I have several favourites and, sadly, one no longer trading.

Posted by
2373 posts

Can't help with that but don't miss the Ten Boom Museum in Haarlem, look it up on the web.

Posted by
705 posts

I recommend all of these hotels: Hotel Carillon-budget, steep stairs; Hotel Amadeus-right on square, popular; Joops Hotel-they put us in a nice, big room in an apartment building around back, most expensive of the three.

Posted by
31 posts

Hotel Amadeus was perfect ~ loved looking out over the square from the breakfast room as the town was first coming to life in the morning ~ can't remember the restaurants that we visited, but across the square and on side street from the hotel ~ I agree with the recommendation to see the Ten Boom Museum ~ hotel is about two blocks' walk away ~ that museum ties in well with the Anne Frank House museum in Amsterdam ~ make sure you do both!

Posted by
3551 posts

I stayed at Hotel Amadeus in Haarlem it was vg.

Posted by
1 posts

I'd stay away from Hotel Amadeus unless you like extreme noise at night and uncaring staff.

Posted by
227 posts

Please take time while in Haarlem to visit the Frans Hals museum....short, peaceful stroll from center. It is housed in a former home for elderly men - they had it good! No need for reservations.