Please sign in to post.

hotels & Prices

We will be traveling to the Netherlands in August of 2013 and may have to layover in Frankfurt for a couple of days. Can any one recommend a two star hotel close to the airport. Thanks Roy Wright
Westminster CA

Posted by
6637 posts

"...may have to layover in Frankfurt for a couple of days." How close do you have to be? There are direct trains from Frankfurt Airport's Regionalbahnhof station to Oberwesel in the Middle Rhine Valley - takes 1 hour by direct train and 15€ each way. Oberwesel is a fine old world town to spend a couple of days in - and there are lots of other interesting villages - and genuine castles - in the immediate area. Middle Rhine villages: http://www.welterbe-mittelrheintal.de/index.php?id=274&L=3 Hotel Römerkrug

Posted by
32740 posts

Or you can be in central Frankfurt by a really easy train trip in less than 15 minutes.

Posted by
11507 posts

Roy I haven't been to Frankfurt but I can't imagine spending a night at an airport hotel unless I was arriving late in evening and leaving early the next day.. Airport hotel are usually just functional and with nothing much to see around them , and of course you can hear the planes. I would stay in town since you have " a couple of days" why not enjoy some sightseeing in Frankfurt!!!