Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Spain

I'm looking for suggestions for Barcelona, Madrid and Seville. I'd love something cheap, with air con if possible and local in style. Thinking of Hostal Sierpes for Seville, Hostal Alcazar Regis for Madrid and strugglingin Barcelona. I've been there many times and but there is very limited availability for the time I'm going, maybe the BCN Hostal Central Any thoughts or suggestions, Thank you!

Posted by
1178 posts

I was in Sevilla last fall. Can not recall any specific hotel, but suggest any near the Old Jewish Quarter and Alcazar - The Van Gough, The Picasso, are some of the names that come to mind. In Madrid I have stayed at the Hostal Phillipe V and the Hostal Montecarlo, both in the same building at Gran Via 17....The Alcazar is at 67 Gran Via. Gran Via is one of the main arteries of the city, and live with vibrant activity any time of the day or night. I prefer the interior rooms at Phillipe and Montecarlo if I want to sleep. Probably the same thing at the Alcazar Regis. Both are well located for seeing the city as a tourist.