Please sign in to post.

hotels in Paris

Hi, me and my two adult sons will spend seven nights in Paris and have booked the Grand Hotel Leveque on Rue Cler. Is this a good choice or do I need to try and find an apartment? Any suggestions on renting an apartment would be most welcome and any advice on this hotel? Thanks this is our first trip to Paris and I want some comfort while were there.

Posted by
852 posts

http://www.vacationinparis.com/

Hi Christine,
... the above link is to VacationInParis [a USA company with HQ in New Jersey]. We have seen nothing except good recommendations from many at this RS site as resects VacationInParis. After you browse the available rooms, see the photos, look at the maps, etc. ... and still have questions, just call VIP at their toll free number. You could have the key to your way cool Paris apartment before you leave Calgary...
bon voyage!... P

Posted by
510 posts

I have rented apartments twice in Paris. Once with historicrentals.com. The apartment was in the Marais and was very nice. The only downside is that it was an old building and wasn't very soundproof. The most recent time I was in Paris I rented an apartment through Relais Bosquet. The apartment was very nice and very quiet. There was double bed in the bedroom and a double (two twin beds) Murphy bed in the living room. My friend slept on the Murphy bed and said it was very comfortable.

I would recommend either apartment, but the Relais Bosquet apartment is probably better for three people. It also had a washing machine and dryer.

Posted by
4555 posts

Christine...as a general rule of thumb, I always try to book an apartment if we're going to be in any one place for more than 4 or 5 days...it just makes economic sense. There's also a great feeling to know that, at the end of a long day of touring, you can come "home" to either cook your own dinner, or explore the local restaurants. And I find that we seem to end up in true local neighbourhoods, with nary a "tourist" to be seen (except us!) We've had excellent success with homelidays.com. You deal directly with the apartment owner, and it encourages visitors to post comments, so you get a pretty good idea as to whether what's being offered is what you'll get.