Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Paris

Can someone recommend a reasonalby priced, nice quality hotel in Paris to stay within the
touring ring by Louvre, Champs, Eiffel?
Will be visitng by train in during July

Posted by
1455 posts

Daniel,
How many days will you be in Paris? If you will be there for at least a week, Have you considered renting an apartment? The cost of the apartment is actually cheaper than a hotel, plus you can pack less, as some apartments have washing machines.

Best of luck with your hotel search!

Posted by
4 posts

ACtually it will be 2 or 3 nights only...thanks for the hint

Posted by
113 posts

I enjoyed my brief stay at the Grand Hotel Leveque, 29 Rue Cler - one of Rick's picks. It was reasonably priced and VERY close to the Eiffel Tower, on a great market street.

Posted by
711 posts

We also like the Rue Cler area.. there are many nice hotels there and the area is very central. We like the Relais Bosquet, the Muguet, and The Cadran is now fixed over with a chocolate bar. UMM.

Posted by
2193 posts

I can recommend the following hotel a couple of blocks off of Rue Cler: http://paris-hotel-tulipe.com/

It’s not very inexpensive at around 140 Euros per double, but this may work in your favor for securing a room in July. A couple of years back, I was able to book a room here when everyone else was full during the Bastille Day holiday. It’s not on Rue Cler but very near Rue Cler on Rue Malar. Nice hotel if you can swing the rate.

Posted by
11507 posts

I recommend you act quickly, not many nicer but inexpensive hotel rooms in central paris left for July now.. I know as I booked my own hotel months ago for 106 and now they are offering same rooms for 150,, and while trying to find my nephew a room we are finding many budget places are full!

I would forget the Rue Cler hotels, they will be busy and full by now, filled with mostly American tourists,, LOL

Posted by
144 posts

Daniel, may I recommend the 6th or 5th arrondisement instead of near the Champs Elysees or the Eiffel Tower. It's a great area with loads of bars & restaurants and young people.

My very favorite hotel is the Hotel St. Andre des Art on Rue St. Andre des Art, which is sometimes a pedestrian street. It's a very old 6 story hotel in a great location, only 1/2 block from the Odeon Metro stop.
Katherine

Posted by
10228 posts

I stayed in the Rue Cler area my first trip and although it is a very nice area I found it to be too far to walk to anything besides the Eiffel Tower. I also recommend the 5th or 6th as areas that are well located.

Posted by
1 posts

Daniel try the Hotel du Loriet, it's a good hotel, with many choices as to bathrooms in suite or shared, shower and/or bath. It is also in the heart of the Marias, just off of rue Rivoli. Very close to the Louvre, Nortre Damn and metro.

Posted by
4 posts

Dear all

Thank you so much for this great information
I will check many of these for availability

My next query will be on driving through Tuscany to Siena

Posted by
4 posts

Hotel Victoria Chatelet
www.hovicha.com

This is not in Rick Steves book or website. I found a brief mention in trip advisor. It was wonderful. We spent four nights. We had a double bed over looking the quiet street. We were within walking distance of the Louvre and two blocks from the Seine. I do not know if they have AC we were there in Oct 06. I even had a need for a doctor due to broncitis. Alex, was kind in having a doctor come to the room to examine me and get a prescription for 70E. They also had a one person elevator which was nice for luggage. There are several rest., but we didn't find fresh market type stands like the Rue Clare area is described as having. But it was a great budget option.

Have fun. Get RS Paris book you won't be sorry.

Posted by
4 posts

thanks we have several of his great books!