Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Paris

My husband & I, are trying to find a hotel for our first stay in Paris. It is hard to find one because we have totally no idea of which location is good for the first visit. we are looking up the website of www.booking.com, however we couldn't find one eventually. Could you please advise us the location which is better for sight-seeing purpose?! I'll be fly in to Paris in Jan'09 and will be fly out to Barcelona from Orly Airport later on. My 1st priority is stay between the Opera & Louvre (the price is much higher than other location?) And at the same time, I found one which is fit my budget but in other location "Montparnasse" (near closer to Orly Airport), that's why I don't know how to choose one from it. My budget is no more than Euro150.00 per night. Any good suggestion can be provide?
Million thanks for your valuable idea!

Posted by
11507 posts

You do not need to limit yourself to those areas, they are not cheaper then other areas.

Look at Hotel Des Grand Hommes, I have stayed there, it is a good location, near to the metro and RER lines. You can walk to many sites.
I paid 120 euros with breakfast included this summer, you must see if they have any special rates on their website for your dates. YOu have to experiment a bit.

Also, consider Hotel Des Mines, it is also close to metro and RER , my husband stayed there with my son and they had to go to Orly. They took train to Orly. They did have to transfer, I am sorry I cannot instruct you how to do that, but my husband said it was easy and the men at the hotel explained it to him. My husband speaks no french at all and he still managed fine. Hotel Des Mines was about 80 euros I think, but that was 2 yrs ago.

Or, Hotel Eugenie, very good location, very central to many sites. You can walk to Notre Dame in less then five minutes, and you are near a huge metro and RER hub.

All these hotels are less then 150. All are clean and tidy. All have small rooms, but have nice staff.
All are near transport, and all are near sites( Hotel Des Mines is a walk of about 15 minutes to get to most central area, but it is easy) , the other two hotels are central.

There are hundreds of good hotels in safe areas. Good luck.

Posted by
7209 posts

There are just tons and tons of hotels and B&Bs in Paris...it's chocked full. A good place to start is on TripAdvisor where you can see what people have written about their stays in Paris Hotels.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g187147-Paris_Ile_de_France-Hotels.html

However, I can personally recommend the Hotel Royal Phare to be a good place. Not fancy - but clean and centrally located in the 7th at about a 5-10 minute walk to the Eifel Tower. There is also a metro right at the front door to the hotel. It's very affordable with lots of small restaurants, and bakeries dotted all around. We liked it very much.