Please sign in to post.

hotels in paris

I am looking for a hotel in Paris. We will be in Paris for only 3 nights. I have had some recommendations but every time I try to look up a hotel online all I get are the orbitz, hotels.com, etc...very frustrating. I would like to deal directly with the specific hotel. Any suggestions?

Posted by
703 posts

I have used Trip Advisor in the past. If the hotel has a website there will be a link that takes you there where you can find the information you need. Also if the hotel has an email address, there will be a link for it. Good luck & enjoy Paris!!

Posted by
2876 posts

Another website I find useful is booking.com - because you can enter a variety of search criteria and you can read guest reviews too.

Posted by
355 posts

I Booking.com to search and read reviews. When I have narrowed my selection down, then I google the name of the hotel and use their site. I, too, like dealing directly with the hotel and find that I can sometimes get a cheaper rate than with Booking.com or other sites.

Posted by
11294 posts

I, too, find that when I Google a hotel, it can be hard to get the hotel's official site. Try Googling it as "Hotel Name Official Website" instead of just "Hotel Name"; I get better results this way, but still often have to wade through TripAdvisor, Expedia, etc.

Posted by
32912 posts

Don't only use the results on the first page of results. Use a good search engine. Compose the search well.

Posted by
11507 posts

Pam I use tripadvisor forums, I get names of places from others then google for reviews and offical hotel websites.. I almost always book directly with hotel . Another booking company is Venere, good for Europe.

Posted by
10 posts

I stayed at two different hotels during stay in Paris - both mentioned by Rick Steves guidebook - emailed directly to hotel's website. One hotel did not have a page on its website to enter cc info and I was a little hesitant, but it worked out fine just using emails. Rick Steves recommended hotels often come with a nice little discount because they've been mentioned in his books.