Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Paris

Hi, we will be in Paris in early June,2013. Do you have any favorite hotels that you would recommend? How about Hotel du Cadran in the 7th Arr? Thanks for your help! Sue in Austin

Posted by
32198 posts

Sue, I've never stayed at that particular Hotel, but I'm very familiar with that part of Paris. It's a great area to stay as it's close to many of the major sites, has some nice restaurants, and good access to the Metro (Ecole Militaire). Hotel du Cadran is right across the street from Hotel du Champs de Mars, and only a short walk from Rue Cler. The ratings for the hotel on Trip Advisor seem to be really good, so if it fits your budget it will probably be a good choice. Happy travels!

Posted by
8293 posts

Hotel du Cadran looks lovely but much too expensive for how I travel. Have you checked Trip Advisor for reviews?

Posted by
9099 posts

I stayed at the Cadran last May, and had an excellent stay; but it's a pricey during the summer. It's also in a great neighborhood (Rue Cler), lots of great shops, and you're in walking distance of the Eiffel Tower, Napoleon's Tomb, and the Rodin Museum. Everything else is a short metro ride away via the École Militaire station.

Posted by
9420 posts

Don't know what your budget is, but my all-time favorite is Hotel de Lutece on Ile St. Louis (little island east of Notre Dame), my favorite neighborhood of all in Paris. It's like a little village surrounded by the Seine river and beautiful views. I much prefer staying in the 4th (Marais), 5th (Latin Quarter) or 6th (St. Germain) arrondissements. That's the heart of Paris and closest to most sights. I like being as close to Notre Dame and the river as possible. Another good hotel on Ile St. Louis is Hotel des Deux Iles.

Posted by
2788 posts

Do you have a copy of the latest RS Paris Guide Book? If so, great. If not, I would suggest you get one as it is full of very useful information that will help you in your planning. It can be ordered elsewhere on this web site by going to "Books".

Posted by
34 posts

Thanks for all the advice! I think we will be staying at Hotel Muguet. Looks like a good RS recommendation too. Happy Holidays

Posted by
272 posts

in august stayed at hotel beaubourg in the 4th. loved it.

Posted by
272 posts

in august stayed at hotel beaubourg in the 4th. loved it.

Posted by
32198 posts

Sue, Hotel Muguet is also a good choice. Have a wonderful time in Paris!

Posted by
10201 posts

I stayed at Hotel du Cadron my first visit to Paris 6 years ago. I booked it on Expedia when they had a 'stay 4 nights get the 5th night free' deal. It averaged out to be $125 per night. It's a nice place, though we did have trouble getting enough hot water for a shower. My sister, who stayed on another floor, did not have that problem. It's a nice area, but not much going on and not really very close to anything but the Eiffel Tower. Personally I prefer to not have to get on the metro to go everywhere. My 2 times in Paris since then we rented apartments in the Latin Quarter (5th).

Posted by
2 posts

This past summer we stayed at Hotel Muguet it was a great location and great staff. While staying a week we also meet a Rick Steve Tour group that also stayed there. Great city and great people. Enjoy.

Posted by
1103 posts

We stayed at the Hotel du Champs de Mars (7th arrondissement). It was a very good value at 115 euros/night.