Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Paris

We are staying in Paris for 7 days and would like to stay in the rue cler area. We were looking at hotel Kensington. Any thoughts on this hotel or any others?

Posted by
32747 posts

Allie, this is the third copy of your question. You may find it easier - your correspondents certainly will - if you delete this copy only keep one.

Posted by
16 posts

We just left paris and stayed at hotel de la tour eiffel which is abt a 5 min walk from rue cler. It was ok and i probably wouldnt choose again. The rooms were small and had no amenities whatsoever. The hoteliers were minimally helpful and couldnt be bothered to get me an extra blanket at night. It is however on an absolutely charming street surrounded by wonderful fromageries, boulangeries, and a wonderful restaurant called le p'tit troquet.

Posted by
16 posts

We just left paris and stayed at hotel de la tour eiffel which is abt a 5 min walk from rue cler. It was ok and i probably wouldnt choose again. The rooms were small and had no amenities whatsoever. The hoteliers were minimally helpful and couldnt be bothered to get me an extra blanket at night. It is however on an absolutely charming street surrounded by wonderful fromageries, boulangeries, and a wonderful restaurant called le p'tit troquet.

Posted by
1976 posts

I've stayed at the Hotel Cluny Sorbonne near the university (100 euros per night for a room with 2 people) and the Hotel Londres Eiffel (very close to rue Cler) (200 euros per night for a room for 2 people). Both have small rooms but with ensuite bathrooms, and both are located in nice neighborhoods and near Metro stops. The Cluny is around the corner from the bustling and student-y rue St.-Michel, and the Londres is in a quieter, more upscale neighborhood.

Posted by
501 posts

I have heard some recent negative remarks about Hotel Grand Le'Veque, but our 4 visits were OK for the money and location.

Posted by
3098 posts

If you are staying a week,have you considered an apartment? Vacations In Paris has several,studios in the 7th near Rue Cler, one with views of the Eiffel Tower. They are $150 a night, so less than 120'euros. This company is very reliable and easy to deal with. You pay in dollars with your credit card.

Posted by
32206 posts

Allie, I don't remember if I replied to one of your other Threads, but I'll include some information anyway. I don't have any information on Hotel Kensington, but in the Rue Cler area you could also have a look at Hotel Muguet, Hotel Duquesne Eiffel or Hotel du Champs de Mars. Their prices tend to vary a bit by season, so you'll have to check the respective website for prices at the time you'll be there. Happy travels!

Posted by
1103 posts

We stayed at the Hotel du Champs de Mars in May 2012, and it was very good value at 115 euros a night.