Please sign in to post.

hotels in madrid

I'm planning on using Madrid as my home base August 5-10 and doing side trips from there. Does anyone have any suggestions on centrally located hotels in Madrid? I'm using public transportation and traveling solo so i'm hoping to keep the cost down to $100 or less a night if possible. I don't need anything fancy but don't want a hotel where i have to share a bathroom.

Posted by
513 posts

Tracy, I have stayed a number of times at the Hotel Plaza Mayor, about 50 meters from this Plaza. I usually pay 75 to 80 Euros per night for a single room (with bath) and breakfast.

Posted by
25 posts

My daughter and I stayed at Hotel Opera two years ago for three nights. Nice room, comfy beds, private bath and free wifi. It is very near a metro station and the rates included a generous breakfast.

Posted by
80 posts

Hi! A friend just spent several nights in the Hostal Persal in the Plaza del Ángel, directly next to the Plaza de Sana Ana. Yes, it's a "hostal", but was renovated a few years ago and now much more like a hotel, has a restaurant on the ground floor. The rooms are basic, but prices are good, too. Just checked their website for your dates and they have a double for 54 Euros per night without breakfast included. The aforementioned Hotel Plaza Mayor is another economical option and well-located next to Madrid's Plaza Mayor. They've got a double for about 60 Euros per night. The often recommended Hotel Europa, on the Plaza Mayor, is recommended by Rick Steves and is also a good choice, but their prices have gone up by like 50-65 percent in the last few years. Now, a double costs 100 Euros, but the location is great. I'd actually choose against this one as their are nearly daily demonstrations which can be unsettling for tourists. Saludos, MadridMan - AND BarcelonaMan, An American in Madrid, @ you-know-where!