Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Madrid

My husband and I will be in Madrid mid October. Need recommendations on 2 or 3 star hotels in a safe location near the centre. Also what is the weather like then?

Tky.

Posted by
10 posts

Tky so much for the info. Will let you know what transpires.

Posted by
23296 posts

You cannot be any more central than the Hotel Europa. Only hotel we have used in three trips to Madrid.

Posted by
118 posts

Hi Jette,

We stayed at Hotel Lope de Vega last spring and loved it. It's a smallish, business hotel, probably equivalent to 3 stars. It's on a very safe little street about a minute from the Prado and a couple of minutes from the train station. They have good deals if you book in advance for a weekend stay. Rick recommends it, but the prices he lists in the book are much higher than the deals we were able to find.

For weather, someone on this board recommended:

www.wunderground.com/tripplanner/index.asp, and we found it very useful.

You input the location and the dates you're interested in, and it spits back the average temperatures for those exact days since 2001.

Enjoy Madrid!

Posted by
41 posts

We stayed at the Best Western Atlantico right on the Gran Via; great location to everything. We were able to walk almost everywhere. Ask for a room off of the Gran Via... breakfast is great .

Posted by
62 posts

Marianne-
I am also looking for hotels in Madrid and went to Tripadvisor to look at Hotel Atlantico. Did you book through the hotel because the their website is only in Spanish(and I can't find a way to change the language) or did you book through someone else?

Posted by
41 posts

Gail...I went through the Best Western web site; again, if you book this hotel make sure you do not have a room on the Gran Via......noisy!

Posted by
4555 posts

Two nice 2-stars I've used are in the same building on Plaza Santa Ana, just off Plaza Mayor and a long block from Sol, but off the main route between the two, so they're quiet. hostalcruzsol.com and hostalsantacruz.com
Mid-October in Madrid is usually pretty nice with temps in the high teens or low 20's. There's more of a chance of rain in the fall than the summer or spring....but better in October than November or December.

Posted by
305 posts

I tried to book Aculpco for my May visit but they were booked. I have reserved Hostal Adriano, any comments or experiences i should know about??? Thanks.

Posted by
10 posts

Tky so much all for your input. We have now booked the Hotel Europa in Madrid as it was the favourite of a few. Will let you all know what we think when we return in November.

Once again, tky and happy travels.

Posted by
2193 posts

Sounds like you're all set. We really enjoyed the cafe at Hotel Europa...I'm sure you will, too. For others who may still be looking, I’ll highly recommend the reasonably-priced and quite nice Hostal Acapulco (not a hostel)…we were just there in November. It’s right on Plaza del Carmen between Gran Via and Puerta del Sol, right in the city center and just a couple of blocks over and up from Hotel Europa. They’re number 2 on tripadvisor and have a 4.5 star rating. To give you an idea regarding rates, our quad with private facilities and balcony overlooking the plaza was €85 per night. A double would be cheaper yet.

Posted by
25 posts

Gail - I booked the Hotel Atlantico off of Expedia for a trip at the end of this month. Great rates even on an upgraded room.