Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Barcelona

We will be going to Barcelona in October.Does anyone have suggestions for a nice, charming, reasonable (under 80e) hotel near Las Ramblas and train station?

Posted by
6898 posts

Unfortuantely, La Rambla is not really near the train station. The two are about 4 miles apart. Also, as you get closer to La Rambla, the price goes up. Two that I might suggest are Hosteria Grau and Hostal Campi. Hosteria Grau is fairly close to La Rambla and is about 3 blocks from the Aerobus stop at Plaza Catalunya.

Posted by
3 posts

Thanks Larry! Do you have any other suggestions for our visit to Barcelona? We are interested in hearing about day trips from Barcelona etc so any other suggestions/advice for lodging near a train station would be appreciated.

Posted by
513 posts

Cynthia, I stayed at the Hotel Granvia which is a 5 to 10 minute walk from Placa Catalunya last October and I'm booked there again for several days in mid-October this year. It is a little more pricey that you suggested (95 to 100 Euros per night), but Barcelona is a fairly expensive hotel city. That price includes taxes and breakfast. I have enjoyed a couple of walking tours in Barcelona sponsored by the Tourist office. Three in particular are Gothic Quarter, Picasso's Barcelona (includes visit to Picasso Museum), and Moderniste Barcelona. All are conducted in English.