Please sign in to post.

Hotel in vienna

We are traveling from italy and will be in vienna for 5 night. We have tickets to an opera but we need to find a nice comfortable hotel or bed and breakfast.
Thank you for your help.

Posted by
8139 posts

Stay where Rick Steves used to stay: K&T Boardinghouse.
We stayed there a few years ago, and the price and location cannot be beat. Tina and Kaled are great hosts, and very helpful to guide you to local sites.
They later bought a second location close by the original, and we've got reservations there April, 2014 for 79 Euros per night.
http://ktboardinghouse.at/

Posted by
1 posts

Can't help you if you want to stay in the Innere Stadt, but I can recommend both the Marriott Courtyard Schoenbrunn (walking distance to Schonbrunn Palace) and Boutiquehotel Stadthalle (a "green" hotel a few blocks from Westbahnhof train station). Vienna has an excellent transit system, so the Opera House is only minutes away from almost anywhere. If you're looking for dinner after the opera, try the Grand Hotel Wein, two blocks east on Opernring. I'm not a big fan of hotel restaurants, but I was impressed by this one, which is saying something. And they're open relatively late. Cheers.

Posted by
2091 posts

In October, 2004 and June, 2013 we loved Pension Nossek. Wonderful, friendly staff, very comfortable rooms and beds, great breakfast and excellent location.

Posted by
212 posts

Take a look at a great place we stayed at 3 years ago, right in the medieval center -- in the shadow, literally, of Stephansdom, and just behind the Mozart house:
Konig von Ungarn hotel.
Great breakfasts, charming place.

Posted by
1446 posts

Vienna does have a historic center, although not medieval. How about some helpful advice, Emily?

Personally, I have enjoyed stays at both Pension Kraml and Pension Wild. At Pension Kraml, most rooms have shared facilities, but we had a room with an ensuite. I do like Pension Wild better, but it's a bit more expensive than Kraml.

Posted by
5381 posts

Dang Diane, the website kept hanging on me and I didn't get a chance to finish my post.

I was trying to recommend Pension Aviano, Das Tyrol or Das Trieste.

Hope the OP has a great time in Vienna.

Posted by
69 posts

I have to agree the K&T is a great place to stay. We stayed there and loved it. So close to the train line, extremely clean, and talk about a big room (huge for Europe)! There is a nice coffee house for breakfast right around the corner. Reasonably priced as well.