Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Salzburg, July 28, 2007

I am having a really hard time finding a hotel in Salzburg for one night on July 28th for 3 people. The Gasthaus zur Goldenen Ente, Hotel am Dom, and Hotel-Pension Chiemsee are all booked. I have e-mailed the Christkonig Pension at least 3 times and every time I just get an auto reply. I tried calling them and no one who could speak English was available. How can I reach them? Do you have any other lodging recommendations in the Old Town at a reasonable price?

Thank you.

Joellen

Posted by
10 posts

Have you contacted the Hotel Wolf-Dietrich? They are listed in Rick's book. I called them prior to our arrival and they spoke English. We stayed there last October for two nights. We directed our friends to stay there in April. While the rooms are small, the staff is great, breakfast is very good.

Posted by
5 posts

Are you looking for nice hotel or just good accomodations?
I stayed with my family (7 females) at St. Sebastion.
It is a dorm in the school year but rents rooms with shower/toilet/sinkin room in summer. It was nice, very clean, Swedish/Ikea furnishing. The location is wonderful, just outside old city on a very nice street with expensive hotels, great cafes and reasonable shops. It was about 60 Euros for 2 people per night.
If you do stay there eat at the Winebar across the courtyard. The owner has many wines to indulge in and offers a simple menu of salads and pastas. We just came from Italy and he does it better. Great price and great regional wines. We ate there twice!

http://www.st-sebastian-salzburg.at/englisch/kontakt.htm

Posted by
147 posts

We stayed at the Wolf Deitrich and it was fab at a good price! The location is good with only a 5 minute walk to all the good sites, etc.

Be sure to take a day trip to Halstatt---it is unreal!

Posted by
149 posts

In 1975, we stayed a the Blaue Gans (Blue Goose), and visited again in 2004. It is in the Old Town section of Salzburg.

Posted by
852 posts

Hi Joellen,
We were once in the same predicament as you and finally booked ourselves into Salzburg's Hotel Auersperg. It was perfect. Also, it's walking distance to the Alt Stadt. We recommend it.
But don't panic ! There's a super place out there somewhere and you'll find it.
Gute Reise !
P.