Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Paris

I am looking for recommendations for hotels in the Marais (4th) neighborhood or on lle St. Louis. I have the idea of romantic nights with my boyfriend and am looking for a hotel that we can walk to and around at night to absorb the energy (not interested in going out to clubs, etc.), with a window or balcony that opens onto the sounds and sights of Paris. I have RS Paris and have looked on-line at Hotel de Lutece and also Hotel de la Place des Vosges. Do either of these "fit the bill" and if so, which room number or floor do you recommend?

Posted by
9436 posts

Hotel de Lutece is my favorite hotel in my favorite area of Paris. The rooms don't have balconies, but rooms have large windows that open onto the main street, I'd say the lower the floor the better for "the sights and sounds of Paris." It's quiet at night. Ile Saint Louis is wonderful, like a small village, with only a small area that's touristy. It's surrounded by the Seine river and is very romantic. There's a wonderful restaurant on Ile Saint Louis that is also very romantic, called Cafe Med. Great food and very cheap. It's in RS Paris.