Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Paris

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at The Royal Phare Hotel it is located near the Eiffel Tower. It looks OK online and it was in Rick's book but now I am getting nervous reading some postings. I am traveling with my 17 yr old son and not looking for frills I just don't want bugs!!

Posted by
11507 posts

Looks fine to me, I read the reveiws on tripadvisor and didn't see anything about bugs?? And just so you know, bed bugs can strike at any hotel no matter stars, since it is the guests who bring them in!!
My onlly concern would be when are you going, I like A/C in July and August( I just do not do well in heat) and its looks like this hotel does not have it.
The price looks good, and it looks like people were happy with area. Stop worrying,, we all tend to get a bit freaky about this stuff, every time I book a hotel I worry, I just don't want to have made a big mistake either, so far I haven't. I do accept the hotels I can afford generally have tiny rooms and I don't grump about that.
I have taken my 14 yr old son a few years ago, and this july I am taking my 12 yr old daughter , so I understand how when you bring your children you feel even more responsible for making the right arrangements.. it will be fine.

Posted by
35 posts

Thanks for the reassurance. We are going in May so I think we will be OK without A/C. I'm sure we will be fine. I am just a bit nervous as I have been done this before with one of my kids. I've traveled alone and for some reason was not the least bit nervous. Thanks again.

Posted by
208 posts

I stayed there overnight once. It was ok. I would stay there again without a second thought. The elevator is small. It is maybe 1 1/2 feet deep and about 3ft wide. You do have to walk up a flight of steps to get to the lobby and then up a half a flight to get the elevator. It was clean but dated. The room was small also. There is not much room to walk around the end of the bed in the double room. I saw no bugs. I did have to change rooms right after I got there because they found that my room's bathroom was leaking into the bathroom bellow it. They were very nice and helped me move my things. The mattress was not plush but it was sleepable and I slept well. I asked for a room on the courtyard because it was on a very busy street and it worked fine, the room was quiet. Oh yeah, there was a man working the desk in the morning who found a pliers and opened my suitcase lock that for some reason didn't want to open. He was very nice and helpful. .