Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Nice, France

We are trying to find a hotel for a reasonable price to stay in when we go to Nice, France next April. Every time I try to find a room they say no availability. Am I too early or too late? thank you!

Posted by
252 posts

Hi Julia! My guess is that it is too early.
If you find an hotel that you really like, you can always try calling/writing them. But I am sure you can find a room for April...I was in Nice in July and foudn a room less than a week before I went there. I am sponteneous I guess... :) Bon voyage!

Posted by
32201 posts

Julia, You might try www.hotel-nice-suisse.com/uk/index.php in Nice. It's in a fantastic location right at the end of the Promenade des Anglais, and easy walking distance to the old town markets and other sights. If you can get a room overlooking the Promenade, it's an incredible sight when you open the curtains in the morning! As the previous reply mentioned, this may be too early for booking but I'd suggest sending them an E-mail to inquire. Happy travels!

Posted by
1 posts

Generally, any more than six months in advance will be a bit on the early side. I always use MyReservationZone.com to make my reservations. Have never had trouble finding a good place to stay at a great price. Check it out! Zona

Posted by
501 posts

Ken nailed it, Hotel Suisse ....IF....you can get a balcony view. There is also an elevator very near the Hotel entry that takes you to the area above the Hotel; I've forgotten the name of the park. It may be early, but contact the Hotel directly by email.

Posted by
11507 posts

Julia,, too early. Hotel Suisse looks nice but twice my budget.. we stayed at Hotel Solara and enjoyed it very much.. not as fancy I imagine, but had great a/c , nice washroom, comfy bed, nice staff, and we had a large balcony. ( no sea views ) .. great for 115 euros.. and this was in height of summer, probably cheaper in spring.. but as I said, it depends alot on what you consider a reasonable price.

Posted by
3580 posts

I stayed at Hotel Durante, near the train station, three years ago. It is in a quiet off-the-street location.

Posted by
7026 posts

I agree with Pat, hotel Suisse is at least twice my budget also, especially if you want a room wih sea view - over $250 even in April. I also stayed at hotel Solara in July. It's a couple of blocks from the promenade, close to old town and the flower market, on a pedestrian only street with lots of shops and restaurants and maybe two blocks from the tram to the train station. Clean and safe and economical, those are my only requirements.

Posted by
1315 posts

Julia - You could try the Hotel le Royal. We had a reasonably priced room with a great view of the water.