Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Marseille?

When I looked at Trip Advisor reviews for 2 of the hotels for listed in Rick's book (Hotel Kyriad and Hotel Relax) they both had an entry about a problem with bed bugs.

Does anyone have a favorite hotel (less than 90 Euro price-range) for a one night stay in Marsaille. We'll be arriving by plane and leaving by train.

OR Should we consider staying in another nearby town (Aix or Cassis and avoiding a night in Marseille?)

Thanks!

Posted by
9110 posts

Ibis Marseilles Prado. About eighty euros. Close to everything (train, grub, old port). Stayed there a few months ago, no bugs.

Aix is fine, but no better than Marseilles. Cassis I don't care for. In Aix, Hotel Cardinal (old, but interesting and clean) on street by the same name is only a couple blocks from the main pedestrian drag and is in the same price range. I've stayed there several times.

Posted by
172 posts

Two years ago we stayed at the Kyriad a block off the old port in Marseille - spotless and no bedbugs! The staff were very helpful as well. Many, many hotels have bedbug problems now, and treat rooms regularly to control/kill them.