Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Madrid

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Madrid? I'm looking for something on the smaller side, centrally located, and not more than 100 Euros or so per night. Thanks.

Posted by
655 posts

Consider Hotel Europa which is listed in the RS guide. I've been there but not stayed there. It gets good reviews (see tripadisor.com). Couldn't be more central. Ask for a room away from the plaza.

Posted by
23290 posts

We have used Hotel Europa four times. Great hotel and location. Depending on time of year it could be under a 100E. We prefer the plaza side simply because of the street view but it can be a bit noisy if you don't follow the local time patterns.

Posted by
2193 posts

I haven't stayed at Hotel Europa, but we visited the café, which was good, and the hotel looked quite nice. Many people on this forum recommend it. I will also suggest Hostal Acapulco (not a hostel), which is over and up a couple of blocks from Hotel Europa. It's highly rated on trip advisor and is reasonably priced. Our quad with balcony overlooking Plaza del Carmen was just €85 per night...doubles are going to be less than that. Very clean, great location right in the center, free internet in lobby.

Posted by
23 posts

I would definitely recommend Hotel Europa. We stayed there 2 weeks ago and as center as you can get to everything. I paid 92 Euros for a double with 2 balconies, one facing Puerta del Sol and the other Calle Carmen (the front of the hotel). It has a cafe for a quick breakfast that also serves lunch and dinner. Spotless!

Posted by
26 posts

Thanks, everyone. By chance, is anyone familiar with the Hostal la Macarena?

Posted by
16 posts

Jen, we just stayed in Hostal Cervantes, in the same building as Gonzalo (and in Rick's book). Quiet street, great location (15 minute walk to Palacio Real was the longest distance) 5 minutes to Prado, Reina Sofia, Plaza Mayor and Retiro Park, and 55 EUR a night. Christian was very helpful. Room was big by European standards. No breakfast but ask Christian for his Churros & Chocolate recommendation (3 minutes away); it's so yummy!

Posted by
119 posts

We just returned from Spain where we stayed in Hostal Gonzalo in Madrid. It is on a side street about a 5 to 10 minute walk to the Prado. It was very quiet and clean with a tub shower. It did not serve breakfast, but it was only 59 Euro per night! We were very pleased with it.

Posted by
85 posts

I just stayed at the Europa two weeks ago -- beautiful, well-kept hotel, extremely helpful staff, and less than a block off the Puerto del Sol. Interior rooms are very quiet (and cheaper.) Metro extremely close, lots of restaurants and a great department store are nearby.