Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Barcelona

We are staying a couple of extra days in Spain after disembarking from a Western Med cruise.
Any suggestions on a decent hotel?

Posted by
964 posts

Hi Beth,
no-one has answered your question, so I thought I'd tell you the website I use to find hotels in Europe: Booking.com is very good, has a lot of choices and with most hotels on its list, you can cancel up to 24 hours before you arrive without penalty. They also publish critiques of each hotel by guests.
Have a great time!

Posted by
7 posts

Thanks, Maggie!
Appreciate your reply. Will try it.

Posted by
72 posts

We just returned from Spain. We spent a couple of nights in Barcelona at the Hotel Colon. It was right across from the Cathedral, walking distance from the Picasso Museum as well as a few blocks from Las Ramblas. The rooms were large and comfortable.

Posted by
7 posts

Thanks, Richard
Appreciate the recommendation from someone who has actually stayed there.

Posted by
3580 posts

In May I stayed at Hotel Lloret at the top of Las Ramblas. It is close to bus and metro stops. Placa Catalunya is very close as are bike rentals, a large department store, and a TI. I found it very convenient for walking the old city area, including the cathedral. The hotel is "decent" and reasonably priced. The Boqueria Market is a few minutes away by foot. I bought most of my food there. Walking Las Ramblas from end to end is about a mile and is always interesting.

Posted by
7 posts

Thanks to you, Swan.
You are all compounding my excitement for our trip. Nothing like experienced travelers to share concerns with.

Posted by
632 posts

Another recommendation for the Hotel Colon...we stayed there for 5 nights a couple of years ago...our room had a great view of the Cathedral and overlooked the Plaza were, if you are there on a Sunday you must make a point of seeing the Sardana Dancers (a Catalan tradition)...http://www.ce.berkeley.edu/~coby/essays/sardana.htm

It was one of the highlights of our stay in Barcelona.

Posted by
12 posts

In Barcelona, the Hotel Catalonia Albinoni is nice. I had a room in the back. It's on a nice pedestrian street.

Posted by
1178 posts

Hotel La Cathedral, just off the square in front of the Cathederal...new, clean, safe, and a very good staff. I was there in September,2007. A good choice!

Posted by
48 posts

I can also recommend the Hotel Jardi. It's on a quiet square, minutes from Las Ramblas, the market and metro. There are cafes, shops, gelato and a lot fewer crowds (In Rick Steves' book)

Posted by
7 posts

Thanks to you who offered lodging suggestions.
Looks like a number of good choices.