Please sign in to post.

Hostels in Paris

is it just me or are there really no great hostels in Paris, I kind of want to stay in the Montmarte area, but from what Ive read its a sketchy area and most of the hostel reviews i read are pretty negative compared to Berlin for example.

Can anyone vouch for a good hostel in a cool neighborhood in Paris?

Posted by
9363 posts

Try www.paris-hostel.biz. Or do a search in the upper right corner of this site on "hostels Paris" and you'll get several entries about hostels in Paris.

Posted by
8700 posts

I haven't stayed there myself, but I've read many favorable reviews on the Lonely Planet Thorn Tree for Le Village Hostel, www.villagehostel.fr, in Montmartre.

From personal experience I highly recommend any of the three MIJE hostels, www.mije.com, in the Marais. They are renovated 17th-century private mansions.

Posted by
3313 posts

What's your budget and when will you be there? Paris has hotels that can be quite cheap.

Posted by
206 posts

my budget is pretty low, i was hoping that the hostel would cost about $35 US per night including breakfast, I wont be there until May 08

Posted by
3313 posts

OK - at 35 dollars (not Euros) you are looking at hostels. Googling hostels in Paris should get you started.

Montmarte isn't seedy. You're probably hearing about the Place Pigalle and the Boulevard Clichy just to the south and below Montmarte. Montmarte itself is very touristy but has lots of budget locations.