Please sign in to post.

Hallstatt in November

I plan to go to Austria in late November and would like to visit Hallstatt. Is it worth it this late?

Posted by
10344 posts

You wouldn't go for the weather. Here's a summary of the last 10 years of weather for the period Nov 21 to 30 (you said late November) for Salzburg, not that far away from Hallstatt and the nearest location where weather data was available last 10 years historical weather data Nov 21-30Average daily low 29 degrees FAvg daily high 41 (say at 4pm)This means during the morning and mid-afternoon the temps average in the 30's, topping at about 40 in later afternoon.There has been precipitation, either rain or snow, or fog, about 70% of the days.More than a 50% chance of have a freezing day (temp less than 32F)

Posted by
1923 posts

Hi Jim, I would say yes! However, It will be cold. Hallstatt is an amazing little town! We went in Oct. and it rained that day but we are still glad we went. You might get to see the town in the snow, which I think would be way cool! I hope this helps, Take care Monte

Posted by
10344 posts

No Need For More Replies: No need for more Replies, the original poster has already decided not to do this trip (he told me via PM).