Please sign in to post.

Grand Hotel Leveque Paris

I have booked this hotel based on its location for dates in June 2012 and then read some disturbing reviews on TripAdvisor. Has anyone stayed there recently? I am more than a little worried.

Posted by
32257 posts

Sara, I stayed at the Grand Hotel Leveque on a couple of occasions a few years ago, and had no complaints with either the service or the room. The staff were very pleasant and the only issue during my stay was the fact that the "beam me up Scotty" elevator broke down on the last day, so I had to drag my luggage down five flights of stairs (not a major concern for me). The room was somewhat "basic" but clean and comfortable. I'm usually only in the room to sleep and shower, so that was perfectly acceptable. The GHL used to offer the first breakfast "free" for RS readers, but I believe that practice has been discontinued. Breakfasts are NOT a problem on Rue Cler, as there are a few small Boulangeries and other shops along the street. Regarding the ratings on Trip Advisor, these seem to be weighted more towards the "Excellent - Very Good - Average" categories. Some of the complaints seem to involve having to leave the Keys at the front desk when going out. That's a VERY common practice with Hotels throughout Europe, so NOT something that's unique to the GHL. I suspect this is the reason most Hotels attach a "Boat Anchor" to the Key - that's to ensure it's not easy to put in a pocket! Bon Voyage!

Posted by
35 posts

It is in the best location. Everything is walking distance. I did not eat breakfast there. I walked out the front door, and ate at the many places on the same street. The rooms are small, but if you are only using for a night sleep, I do not think you can do better. Enjoy........