Please sign in to post.

Grand Hotel Leveque

My husband and I are thinking of staying here. On their website it lists renovated double rooms (back side) and standard double rooms (back side). The standard is available all 5 days of our trip, but the renovated is not available for one day in the middle of our stay. Is this an okay choice for standard not renovated room? I like the sound of the neighborhood so could use recommendations near here if this is not a good choice.

Posted by
693 posts

I had a double room towards the back and liked it fine. The bathroom was like new, the room was clean and the large window (almost floor-to-ceiling) opened. It had an old-fashioned wardrobe for clothes and a small desk with a chair in addition to the bed; also a TV and a phone. The ambiance of the area is really great. A lot of people say it's too touristy but since I usually got a late start, a lot of them had gone on their excursions and the locals went about their business. All the shops have apartments above them; there's always a lot of foot traffic. I love this area.

Posted by
122 posts

I wouldn't stay there. You'd find the Hotel Beaugency around the corner. We've stayed at both and frankly, the Beaugency was a much, much more pleasant stay.

Posted by
7209 posts

This area has lots of hotels so don't think the Leveque is your only option. Yes the rue Cler is nice and full of Americans, but just around the corner (about 30 steps) is just as nice and sometimes half the price. We stayed in the Hotel Royal Phare - a no frills budget place but clean. It has 2 ATMs next to the front door, a grocery store next door, Metro Ecole Militaire 15 steps away, and about 30 steps around the corner is rue Cler. It's also much cheaper. Just know that there are a myriad of other choices with just as nice of a location.