Please sign in to post.

granada hotels

What is a good hotel, reasonable priced, near the Alhambra? We checked the Paradore and Alhambra Palace but they are out of our budget. Thanks!

Posted by
16 posts

Wow, you are all amazing. The Hostal Rodri is full on our dates but the Anacapri has availability. Thanks, everyone, for your great tips!
Kathy

Posted by
410 posts

I cannot help with any recommendations as we have only ever stayed in apartments. The Alhambra is easily accessible from anywhere in central Granada - whichis not that large. Within walking distance - anywhere close to Plaza Nueva. Taxis are also very cheap and there are regular buses to the Alhambra, Those hotels you mention are the only ones I know of but are basically within the grounds of the Alhambra - hence the cost.

Posted by
350 posts

I stayed at Hostal Rodri it was near the center of town by the cathedral. I took to bus to the Alhambra but walked back. The rooms are small but it was all I needed. The man at the front desk provided ideas of what to do in town. FOr a single room I think I paid around 30-35 euros or so last summer.

Posted by
4535 posts

Hotel Anacapri is highly recommended by RS and just about everyone (including me) that has stayed there. It's central in Granada and access to the Alhambra is easy by a bus shuttle that runs regularly. You can walk back if you wish as its downhill from there but the bus is quick and easy.

Posted by
2023 posts

We stayed at Hotel America which is located near the Alhambra and liked it. Breakfast(incl) is served in the courtyard in good weather. Very easy to walk down into the town as well as the Albysin (sp) area and buses run frequently if you don't care to walk.

Posted by
23297 posts

You really don't want to stay near the Alhambra. It located high on one side of the city which makes it some distance from everything else. The best choice is right in the city center for everything is fairly convenient including the Alhambra. Another vote for Anacapi and Kathy. Couple of great tapas bars just around the corner.

Posted by
355 posts

We stayed in the Roommate Leo hotel in Granada. Two minute walk from the Plaza Bib Rambla, large rooms, good breakfast and reasonably priced. If you haven't already reserved the other hotel, you might want to check it out. I highly recommend it.

Posted by
689 posts

I loved staying at the Hotel America and I found it very reasonably priced. A bonus was, I booked the first Alhambra time in the morning and I practically had the place to myself. It was also easy to go, right after check in the day before, to the ticket office and get my tickets. If I'd stayed lower down closer to the town center, it would have been a bit of a hassle.