Please sign in to post.

Germany HELP

In my documentation I forgot to mention that I won't have a car and will only be using trains or busses
I need to arrive in Frankfort Germany by Sunday and on to taking a train to meet some friends in the Netherlands near the German border. I don't want to stay in any hotels but in Pension's. :)

Posted by
171 posts

I did buy Rick Steves new book on Germany.
It seems to list mostly hotels. More than anything ...is to find a good southern route by train and then back track and head up to Frankfurt,Germany with stops along the way

Posted by
19101 posts

I don't quite know why you don't want "a hotel", but, in Sigmaringen, I would recommend Hotel-Gasthof-Traube. It's more like a restaurant with some rooms upstairs. It's in an almost 300 year old building on the market square below the castle. The owner runs it. I have heard very little English spoken there.

I think in DEHOGA terminology, a "hotel" has to have a front desk. Traube definitely doesn't. You register in the restaurant.

Posted by
171 posts

Oh ..I have already been to Neuschwanstein and Salzburg 2 years ago

Posted by
80 posts

Its hard to get Zimmer recommendations from a book.

You're going to have to (take a deep breath, thousands travel this way, successfully) turn up, stop in at the Tourist Info booth, and ask around. You'll find one.