Please sign in to post.

Germany car rental

I am just beginning to plan a trip to Germany for late Sept early Oct. (I know, I need to get on this!). We will be flying into Munich, going to Dachau, checking out Oktoberfest, then going by train to Salzburg for a few days, then by train to Oberammergau for the Passion Play. At this point we want to pick up a car and see the Garmisch-partenkirchen area and head up the romantic road and over to some towns on the Rhine. We will fly home from Franfurt. Is is possible to get a car in Garmisch-Partenkirchen and return it at the Franfurt airport or should we plan to go back into Munich and get car at the airport and backtrack back to G-P? Any opinions are appreciated--other than those saying I am late in my planning-lol Thanks in advance--

Posted by
842 posts

Paula, there is no problem getting a rental car in GP and returning it at the Frankfurt airport.

Go to some of the auto rental agencies web sites and play with your choices, then rent your car here using their web site.

We really like Auto Europe; a broker located in Maine. Great web site, and awesome people to talk to if you have any questions.