Please sign in to post.

frankfurt airport hotel

I will be staying in Frankfurt for just 1 night before I
catch my flight home. Any ideas for a reasonable place
to stay that also has free shuttles to the airport?

Posted by
4555 posts

I'm a big fan of the Accor chain of hotels, especially their inexpensive Ibis hotels...basic but clean accommodations. They have one 4 kilometers (2.5 miles) from Frankfurt airport, and offer a free shuttle from 6 a to 11 pm. Do a search at http://www.ibishotel.com or visit this one directly at http://tinyurl.com/3ywc46. Deals (with restrictions) as low as 49 Euro per night.

Posted by
2779 posts

The area around the airport is absolutely ... not attractive. There are hotels like the NH Airport hotel, InterCity airport hotel etc. that are reasonably priced and come with free shuttle. But downtown Frankfurt is also just a 15 mins train ride from the airport and the city well worth visiting. What time will you probably arrive in Frankfurt the day prior to your departure to the US? And what time does your flight leave?

Posted by
658 posts

I often have to stay at Frankfurt airport. If you need to keep the cost down try one of the Astron hotels in nearby Kelsterbach. They run free airport shuttle busses, the prices are reasonable, the rooms are clean, the breakfast is good and the staff are helpful. There are three Astron hotels at Kelsterbach and the ride between the airport and the hotel takes about ten minutes.

Posted by
26 posts

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express Messe. We stayed there last year and it's a 5 Euro taxi ride from the train station and a 20 Euro ride to the airport. There is another Holiday Inn Express that is closer to the airport but it's a little more money and didn't have the same availability for our needs, but may have a better connection to the airport. Even if you have to pay to get to the airport, there is a free breakfast buffet to even it all out.

One piece of advice, find a place for dinner early because there isn't much happening in that area of Frankfurt

Posted by
2779 posts

You could also stay at the IBIS hotel Centrum which is just a 5 mins walk from the Hauptbahnhof (main train station) but also just a few steps to the riverfront where there are plenty of bars, restaurants or where you can stroll along the embankment all the way into downtown or across the river to Schweizer Str. with its restaurant, bars and sizzling night life.

Posted by
842 posts

Wendy,
Andreus has a great point. Stay next to the train station in Frankfurt. We jsut did that for our recent layover in Frankfurt. It was so easy to just hop on the train for the 15 min ride to the Haupbanoff station. Faster and cheaper than a cab ride to one of the "airport" hotels.

We found a wonderful, newly remodeled hotel( Hotel Paris, 80E/nite double, w/ breakfast....see reviews in Trip Advisor.com) right around the corner from the station.

We went down to the river, and took a walk before dinner, and found a great Greek resturant.

Prior to this we used to stay at one the airport hotels. What a hassle, and what a waste of money.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you everyone for your great comments. You have given me lots of options and I think I will stay by the riverfront rather than at the airport. Sounds much more relaxing!