Please sign in to post.

frankfurt

we're taking a riverbarge tour in Germany, with a pickup and dropoff at a hotel in Frankfurt. We'd like a nice inexpensive place to stay for a couple of days before the tour to get over jet lag, etc. Any suggestions for where to stay and what to do?

Posted by
2779 posts

Please scroll down in the "West" forum. I've offered many suggestions as to what to do in Frankfurt as well as what daytrips to take and where to stay. What kind of hotel category and price range are you looking for?

Posted by
2 posts

We stayed at a great B&B outside of Frankfurt called the Cats Rest, it was 70 euros with a wonderful breakfast. We have also stayed at the Mecure Hotel by the airport which is very nice also. I got it through expedia for $100 but without breakfast.

Posted by
12 posts

I was in Frankfurt for 2 days and 1 night last summer during heatwave. A/C in the room is a must if hot! No public areas have a/c! Even the Stadel Museum (great art museum - a must see if you are into art) had no a/c! I stayed at the Intercity Hotel right next to the railstation. Not picturesque location, but great hotel - clean, new, flat-screen tv, GREAT AC, great breakfast, and very conveniently located near train and all public trans. Also, Intercity gives you pass for all public trans for free. I booked on Hotelopia last year - try sidestep, hotelopia, or Intercity website to get best price. good luck!