Please sign in to post.

France in September

I would like advice on a trip I'm planning the end of September. I want to spend a few days in Paris and then onto Normandy. We will then have to fly to Ireland to meet with family can I fly from an airport in that area to Dublin rather than drive or take train back to Paris. I look forward to your suggestions I hope this will be the first of many trips for me I am really not sure how much of Normandy we will see but I definitely want to see countryside
Pat

Posted by
20085 posts

Ryanair flies to Dublin from Beauvais, Tours, and Nantes. All are equidistant from Normandy, so take your pick. There are actually a handful of direct trains from Caen to Tours that do it in 3 hours. The trains to Beauvais all require backtracking to Paris for a 5 hour journey time.
Or you could be really adventurous and take the 16 hour ferry ride from Cherbourg to Rosslare and continue on to Dublin on the train.

Posted by
454 posts

It looks like you are mainly seeking advice regarding the transportation from the Normandy area to Dublin, but in the event you are also seeking help with your itinerary, I can highly recommend that you take the tour of the D-Day beaches offered by Roel Klinkhamer of Victory Tours. We took this tour a few years ago . . . a day trip during a week in Paris . . . and it was a highlight of our vacation. These are small group tours in a van. I believe Roel can accommodate up to 8 people. We had six in our group. This was a highly personalized experience, versus being with a large group on a big bus. Roel was able to drive us into many places where a big bus could not have gone.