Please sign in to post.

Eurorail New Schedules for Summer 2011

When does eurorail post their schedules for travel for summer? I would like to make reservations for overnight trips, on sleeper coaches. Thanks Brad

Posted by
23296 posts

Roughly the first half of June. And it isn't eurorail that posts the schedules. Eurorail is not a train company. It is a travel agency. Most national railroads posts their schedules about 90 days out.

Posted by
6898 posts

Whether or not its worth the money depends on a whole lot of things. First, there is a wide range of opinion expressed on this website about riding the night trains. Some like it, some don't. Second, you don't indicate your travel plans. Some trips are worth it, some are not. More information please.

Posted by
32213 posts

Brad, I'm one of those in the latter category that Larry mentioned, in that I prefer not to use night trains / Sleepers / Couchettes if at all possible. Whether they're "worth it" is mostly a matter of opinion. The cost is often about the same as a budget Hotel or Hostel, and I'd much rather have a good sleep in a "normal" room rather than riding a train. One important point to check on any night train you're using, is the number of changes (if any). If you have to change trains at 03:00 and again at 05:00, I can guarantee you won't be getting much sleep! Good luck!

Posted by
3 posts

I was wondering if the sleeper cars are worth the money for an overnight trip?

Posted by
3 posts

On two legs of our trip, Munich to Florence and Venice to Vienna. We didn't want to waste a day, if we could leave like the Munich to Florence at 9:02pm and arrive at 6:00am or so in the morning. Any comments thanks

Posted by
19099 posts

Is this a joke? Go to the Bahn website. There is a night train leaving Munich at 9:02 PM and arriving in Florence at 6:18 AM. You can book it online. But you already knew that, right? You can currently book it through June 6.