Please sign in to post.

European River Cruises

I was thinking of signing up for a Grand Circle river cruise until I read all the negative postings about them. Are there European river tour companies that have above average reputations people can recommend? How about Avalon or Unworld?

Posted by
182 posts

Hi Anthony

I'd offer Uniworld. We went on their Rhine River Cruise during August of 2007 and had a wonderful time. We booked it through our travel agent who recommended them because she had been on numerous river cruises herself and found Uniworld the best she had taken.

Posted by
160 posts

Avalon Waterays. Trust me, you can't go wrong! We did the two week Vienna to Amsterdam and had the time of our lives. You'll do the Danube, Main, and Rhine rivers. Great attention to detail and super friendly. We usually do Eurail and/or car rental each year and decided to do something different after reading an article in Newsweek about Avalon and speaking to someone who had actually used them back in 2006. Not cheap, but you will have a great time. If you do, try the Bamberg Onion at Schlenkaria Tavern in Bamberg Germany. Schmeckt sehr gut!