Please sign in to post.

euro disney

Is Euro Disney worth a trip and is it difficult to get there from Paris? Has anyone stayed near Disney? Our three kids think this would be a good addition to our trip to Europe.
Thanks for any info.
Patty

Posted by
11507 posts

Patty, if you have been to the Disney in either LA or Florida, I would not consider it. Its not as good frankly.

I took my 14 yr son 5 years ago. Bought a 2 day pass, he did not want to bother returning for second day.

Took my 11 yr old daughter 2 years ago. She only though it was ok. Went only one day.

Took her this past March to Disneyland in LA,, she much prefered it, it has the California Adventure land and the Downtown Disney so that had something to do with that I am sure.

My thoughts are,, if your children are young( under 11 or so) they will enjoy it enough for a one day vacation from their vacation I suppose. Its easy to get to , about 40 minutes on the RER from Paris.

Have you looked at a daytrip to Provins,, depending on your kids that could be alot more fun, plus at least its a french cultural experience as opposed to an American one.. ( medival knights, ramparts, jousting, versus Daffy Duck)

Posted by
694 posts

Patty, i agree with all the above posts, very easy to get to, smaller then Magic Kingdom, lines can be very long in the summer. If you think your kids will need a break from all the museums and churches go for it. I heard and read a lot of good things about Provins too, wish i had gone there instead, there is also Parc Asterix, easy to get to as well.

Posted by
9109 posts

Go for it! Be advised that there are two parks with separate admission: DL Paris (magic kingdom), and the Disney Studios park. The latter has rides more geared to older kids/teens, so that might be a better choice.