Please sign in to post.

Euro 2008-Austria and Switzerland

I imagine by now all the games are sold out. Will the tournament make everything more expensive. Is this a bad time to visit? Where is a cool place to watch the games?

Posted by
216 posts

Yes, yes, and yes. Watch the games on TV, if you can receive them at all.

Posted by
47 posts

"Watch the games on TV, if you can receive them at all." - They'll all be on ABC and ESPN, at least for American viewers.

I'm also going to be in Vienna for the final match. Ideally I will watch the game in a pub, but if that doesn't work out I'll make use of the public viewing areas -- giant screens set up in big public spaces for everyone to watch.

Posted by
2779 posts

This has been a frequent topic by now. I repeat what I said the last time: It's the best party on Earth and if you are in the area go and join the fan festivals (with public viewing of the matches). In Germany, Austria and Switerland all matches are on free public TV as well. The fan festivals, though, are the best place to watch. Did that during the 2006 world cup in Frankfurt and Cologne. Very unique experience!

Posted by
9101 posts

Anywhere you travel in Europe will be in some degree of Euro 2008 frenzy. I recall being in Amsterdam during Euro 2004-Portugal, literally every business in the city center, from pubs to barber shops to KFCs, had TVs showing the matches day & night. One could walk down the street and still watch the matches:)