Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower Tour

My husband and I are trying to buy tickets to the Eiffel Tower to go to the 3rd level on a day in July when all tickets are taken. We can find tickets to the second level on our ed date. Should we settle with second level tickets or try to book tickets with an official Eiffel Tower tour group.....and could a tour get us to the 3rd level? Any help or ideas with this would be appreciated!

Posted by
1214 posts

Hi Jane. This is an easy one. in my opinion, the third level isn't worth it; 2nd level is fine. also, if you are in decent shape, it's fun to walk up; no advance tix needed. Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
374 posts

Hi Jane, We were at the Eiffel tower this week. Took the stairs up to the second level and bought the tickets at automated machines there. Very easy. Wait for stairs about 35 min. Wait for elevator to top about another 15-20. The machines only take coins but there is a change machine right there that only takes 20 and 20 euro bills. If you already have the elevator tickets to the 2nd floor or prefer the elevator you can still do the same thing. On a clear day it was Worth it to us. The last (and only other) time I came to Paris I only went to the 2nd floor and had always sorry I didn't bother. It is really up to you as to whether you want to do it as long as you're here. As others have said the best views really are From the 2nd floor. BTW the stairs were 5e and the 2nd floor elevator another 6e.
Joann

Posted by
374 posts

Sorry it would not let me edit that's 10 or 20 Euro bills and there is someone there to help you.