Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower Tickets

When trying to buy tickets online, the official site said the first available tickets were June 19, 2012 - past our time in Paris. Can we still get tickets if we stand in line on the day we want to tour the tower?

Posted by
11507 posts

Vicki, yes, you can always get tickets by just going there, the issue is wait times and lines.. they are having problems right now and only running one elevator so wait times are insane, 2 hours plus.. so to avoid that you can arrive at toTcketsur one hour before opening( and yes, its still waiting but only one hour) or , you can take the stairs. Its cheaper and wait times are never as long, 20-30 minutes.. and the stairs are not so bad, I did them and I am not a sporty person at all. Tickets for stairs are cheaper too. Once you get to second level you can purchase tickets for top if you wish, but view from 2nd level is absolutely great too.

Posted by
23 posts

Pat, thanks for your response and recommendations. One more question: are we better off going very early in the morning or should we try for late in the day? I understand you can still ascend to the top as late at 10:30 p.m.

Posted by
26 posts

Hi. I just read this thread and I am experiencing the same thing. I have booked dinner at 58 Tour Eiffel on July 27 and trying to purchase lift tickets but not available too. I am just worried that I booke the dinner and couldnt get the lift tickets. Pls advise...Thanks

Posted by
5 posts

If there are only 2 of you, you might want to only enter "1" as the number of tickets you need on the Eiffel Tower web page for ticketing. I too was getting a sold out status. I entered "1" for the # of tickets, and was able to get 2 individual tickets where the entry time was only 30 minutes apart. I'll send my son up first. He can nose around and then get in line for the elevator from the 2nd level to the very top. By the time I get in, he'll be towards the front of that line and up we both go to the top. Worth checking.

Posted by
26 posts

I'm sorry to bother you...but would you mind posting your site for buying tickets? I'm never sure if I have the correct site and I don't want to buy my tickets until I'm sure. Thanks

Posted by
11507 posts

Vicki,, sorry, won't venture a guess on best time at this point, with elevator down I think there is likely not much difference, I used to say go first thing in am 1/2 hr before opening, but I think alot of people are doing that now.. Personally in summer , if its a hot day, I would rather climb stairs in morning then afternoon heat! Pauline, I looked on website for Tour 58, it says you can purchase tickets for ascent at the "restaurant kiosk" and will be given priority, but as I have never done this myself I cannot comment how this works, or if it works now that they are having an elevator issue. Look under "practical information" on the Tour Eiffel restaurant website. Good luck.

Posted by
34 posts

we were just there this week. We didn't go up but we where there in the morning and the line-up was long, in the afternoon a little bit better but very very long at night.