Please sign in to post.

Eiffel tower tickets

I want to purchase Eiffel tower tickets but the Rick Steves' recommended website is in French. I only speak/read English - how do I do this?

Posted by
35 posts

If you go to translate.google.com and enter any web address Google will translate the page for you into the language of your choice. The Google Chrome browser has this capability built into it as well.

Posted by
44 posts

Kathy: Just an interesting side note - My wife and I read Rick Steves' recommendations to buy tickets to avoid long lines at the ET, but we decided to take our chances. As it happened, we arrived in Paris on a drizzly day, dropped the rental car at 2:00pm, and walked from museum to museum. Decided to stroll down to the Tower just as the rain was easing up, thinking we'd just shoot some photos and come back on another day. When we got there, because of the weather, there were only a couple dozen people in line, so we got our tickets and got up the tower in nothing flat! Later, we even still had time to take a boat tour down the Seine and back in time to see the tower lit up at night. The moral of the story? Don't be afraid of a little rain, because it could be your best tour guide!

Posted by
44 posts

P.S. I forgot to mention, when we finally got up on the tower, the clouds broke, and the sun came out, and we got some spectacular photos!

Posted by
35 posts

Go to the Eiffel tower website and purchase your ticket. you can download the ticket to your smart phone for entry into the tower.

Posted by
635 posts

Remember that the elevator to the very top starts at the second level. In the RS book it says that buying a ticket in advance doesn't get you moved to the front of the line. It's first come first served. That line can be pretty long. I think you can buy a ticket on the second floor so you might want to wait to see how long the line is before you pay for the higher view.