Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower Tickets

Going to Paris first of June, went to buy tickets for trip and the Eiffel Tower site shows the first available date to buy reservations is June 19th. (It states one of the elevators is out). Is it worth checking the site daily to see if tickets for earlier become available? or should we just accept we are going to stand in line for hours?

Posted by
11507 posts

Avoid standing in line for hours by arriving either 1/2 hour before tower even opens( and you won't be alone then either) or by simply taking the stairs( the lines for the stairs which are by the south pillar( sud pilar) will be much shorter. They are not that hard if you are healthy adult( or kid ,, they pretty much run up , or mine did anyways)

Posted by
72 posts

My son and I are also going in June. I check the website today for June 21 and did not have any luck.
with a elevator out will they not sell tickets ahead of time?

Posted by
15 posts

I don't know if this helps, but I'll add my information. On March 22 I bought lift tickets for June 19. I think that was the first day they were available for June 19 (I think their rule is something like 91 days prior). Even though it was the 1st day, several time slots were already sold out when I booked. The lift was out, but they were selling tickets. They are supposed to have the lift fixed by the end of May per another posting on Rick's site. They charged my card and haven't said anything to me directly about the lift problem. Best of luck to all of us that the lift gets fixed and we get there!