Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower Tickets

I'm planning to visit Paris on May 3 - 6. I tried earlier to get reservations to go up in the Eiffel Tower but could not because a new web site was being planned and tickets after April 1 could not be purchased on the old site. When I went to the site today I learned that the earliest available tickets are for June 19. It also says there is only one lift working. Have they limited the number of tickets because only one lift is working or is that just a temporary problem? Is it typical that tickets to the Eiffel Tower sell out so quickly? Is there another way to get tickets? Can we get tickets on the day we want to visit the tower? I would not like to miss out on going to the top of the Eiffel Tower on my only visit to Paris!

Posted by
3941 posts

You can stand in the horrendously long line like my husband and I did if worse comes to worst :) That was good for about 45min of watching young lovers necking...bleech (lol)

Posted by
14 posts

Talk about frustrating! I'm going June 5 and am having the same issue. I thought I was way ahead of the game! I read somewhere that only a very limited number of tickets are sold online. And that it can be less of a wait if you take the stairs up to the second level and then buy elevator tickets to the top? No idea how many stairs that is, though.