Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower

I'm going to Paris in a few weeks, how do I get tix for the Eiffel Tower? The site I looked up is booked until September? http://m.en.tour-eiffel.fr
Any other options?

Posted by
11507 posts

Yep, the advance tickets sell out almost immediately. One option it to continue to check back onsite and to look for tickets only good to second level ( you get a great view from there anyways and you can always buy tickets to summit while on second level) . The other option is to purchase the "Behind the Scenes Tour " sold on website, I haven't done it but those who have reported back say its very intersesting and allows you to skip line. The line for stairs is never as long as the line for the elevators . The walk up isn't bad and you can take elevator down. Tickets for walking up are sold at the "Sud Pilar" which means south foot of tower( Escaliers) . You will know as that's were the shorter line is, lol Or finally tried and truth ( usually) go about an hour to 45 minutes before opening and get in line like everyone else.

Posted by
55 posts

One option to see the Eiffel Tower and you want to skip the lines, check out http://www.localers.com/day-tours/eiffel-tower-tour. The cost is 49 Euro/person for party of 4. Higher if less than 4. I've booked several tours with them and the reviews are fantastic. I have no first-hand knowledge, yet. We're going the first week of September. Just depends on what you can budget for this activity.

Posted by
55 posts

ooops....I should have read the date. Sorry. Curious....did you get to see the ET?

Posted by
106 posts

I was sorely disappointed when, 8 weeks out from my planned late July 2013 holiday, I found all times and dates were sold out for ANY type of advance ticket to the Eiffel Tower. I checked back a few times over the weeks and always found the same result -- no tickets available -- Red Xs across all entrance times. Then yesterday, for no reason, I checked back and found exactly one entrance time available during my holiday week. You better bet I jumped on it with both feet! I'm excited that I can skip the line with my 9:30pm tickets. I'm also wondering why there were no timed tickets available 6 weeks ago, and weeks later I happened across one entrance time. BTW, the website clearly states that tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable, so it couldn't be that someone returned a bunch of tickets. I find that aspect kind of odd.
HERE IS MY QUESTION FOR YOU EXPERIENCED TRAVEKERS: Do they strictly enforce the entrance time printed on the ticket? Sunset is scheduled for about 9:30 the night I plan to visit. I sure would like to get up to at least the first level before full dark. Do you think I can "cheat" the time a little and show up 15 or 20 minutes early to gain entrance a wee bit early?

Posted by
2091 posts

@ Marti, We arrived 20 minutes before our time slot but they only let us in 15 minutes before.