Please sign in to post.

Easter Service 2008, Paris Notre Dame Cathedaral

We will be in Paris for Easter on March 23, 2008. Does anyone have information about Easter Sunday services at Notre Dame and whether tickets are needed; if so, how to obtain them? Thanks. Donna

Posted by
4 posts

Have not been there for Easter, but have been for Palm Sunday on two occasions. No tickets, but get there early if you want a seat. If possible, go by on Saturday and check service times. I believe there are several services, but you probably want the main Mass at around 10:30 or 11:00. Palm Sunday service was very moving. I'm sure Easter will be super special.

Tom

Posted by
2 posts

Do you happen to know a website for the Cathederal of Notre Dame in Paris?

Posted by
9 posts

Was just there for Easter 2007. Didn't go to a mass but from what I saw: no, no tickets necessary. But as noted, get there early if you want a seat. People were packed into the back, spilling out.. (I just went in and walked around the perimeter - wasn't very crowded compared to good friday.) From the schedule, it looked like they had a mass every 1 1/2 hours (close enough that it made me wonder how they got all those people out and in again in time to start the next mass!) FYI: I was worried about closures at Easter but wasn't an issue, at all.