Please sign in to post.

Easter 2014 in Vienna and Prague

After 16 years of talking about it, my husband and I are planning a trip to Europe for this coming April. We will be in Vienna from April 17-21, at which point we plan to take a train to Prague, where we will stay until the 25th. We will be in Vienna for Easter, but it seems there will still be Easter markets in Prague by the time we get there. Does anyone have any experience being in Vienna on Easter? Are there must-sees specific to that holiday? I can find lots of information on the Christmas markets, but very little on the Easter ones. It seems that many places will be closed on Easter Monday, so we thought that might be the best day to travel. Any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Posted by
5382 posts

The two Easter markets in Vienna to visit are located at Freyung and Schonbrunn. The Freyung market is located in the center of the city in the first district. It is filled with thousands of intricately painted/decorated eggs for sale - bring your camera. The Easter market at Schonbrunn is comprised of numerous stalls selling handicrafts and local snacks. This market is located in the courtyard entrance to the palace. Definitely worth a trip.

Posted by
17 posts

Thanks! I will give a post in the To The East section as well.