Please sign in to post.

Driving in Europe

I have a large family that will be traveling around Western Europe approximately 51 days. hoping you can give us a viable option regarding our planned self-drive tour of Western Europe our main concern is luggage space, when we toured in New Zealand we actually used a "minibus" Ford Transit so we would have sufficient luggage space, we have 8 passengers, but would need at least luggage space for 9 full size luggage and a wheelchair. Can you please recommend a vehicle that we can pickup from Calais in France, like a 12 SEATER MINIBUS TYPE SIMILAR TO A FORD TRANSIT OR A MERCEDES SPRINTER http://www.bmcoaches.co.uk/fleets.htm In summary; 1) EIGHT (8) PASSENGER seater 2) Need one with Automatic Transmission 3) What is the Luggage Capacity, We need one with enough space for NINE (9) full size LUGGAGES plus a wheel chair.

Posted by
416 posts

Check www.gemut.com. Andy does a great job with car rentals and can probably answer all of your questions and help you find the right vehicle.

Posted by
45 posts

William:

I second Nancy's recommendation. Andy and Bob at www.gemut.com are great at European car rentals. If they can't find the car or van you need at the price you can best afford, nobody can. I used them before and they are a great resource. The website is great too.

Posted by
1633 posts

William, check this website: www.renaultusa.com I have not rented from renault-eurodrive. They do have a large Renault Van that seat 9 passengers. Others on this forum recently recommended them. Have a great trip making lifetime memories!

Posted by
22 posts

Thank you to ALL! Been wonderful reading your suggestions, will do exactly as you've recommended!