Please sign in to post.

Disneyland Paris

Taking our 7 year old and 17 year to Disneyland Paris. Any advice?

Posted by
2713 posts

Stay in Paris and take a train out in the morning and back at night. The hotels at Disneyland Paris are very expensive and not nearly as nice as the ones in Florida and Anaheim. The Studios Park is not nearly as big or nice as the one in Florida. If you have been to the one in Florida, don't bother going to the one in Paris. Just get a one park ticket for Disneyland. It's less crowded during the week than on the weekend, so try to go on a week day. It seems a shame to waste a day in Europe on such an American place, but I am a Disney freak and I enjoyed seeing the park and how it differs from the US versions. If you and your kids like Disney, you can have a lot of fun there. My husband and I did even without our kids.

Posted by
9100 posts

Go for it! I agree with Carol about the hotels at the Euro Disney complex, they are overpriced, you are better off staying in central Paris and taking the train in. I don't agree with about the Studio Park. It has more of the high-adrenaline rides that would appeal to your 17 year-old like the Tower of Terror, and the Rock'in Roller Coaster. DL Paris is mostly kiddie rides. If the the older one wants a bit of independence let em go to Studios solo and take the 7 year old to DL. Both studios and DL require separate admission. Also, I would like to apologize in advance for the abuse you are about to receive for committing the "crime" of visiting an amusement park while on vacation;)

Posted by
340 posts

Although it has been a few years, we stayed at the Disney Hotel Cheyenne and found it perfect for our needs. We stayed in a "family room". There were bunk beds for the kids (13 and 15 then) and a queen or king for us. There was a laundry facility on site so I also caught up on that while we were there. We stayed two nights between touring Paris and London. It was the perfect "break" for the kids on a 3 week trip. The park has a few similarities with the USA parks but really is quite unique. I loved the castle and their Space Mountain is much more intense than ours. We made lots of good memories and had such fun - after all, that's what a vacation is supposed be, isn't it? Regarding a Paris hotel - not sure if you have checked out apartments, this might be your best option. Someone posted The Hameau de Passy hotel with good recommendations just a few posts down from this one under "Paris hotel?". I have no experience with this hotel but I did google them and looked at their website. They have quad rooms priced very reasonably. It is not in my favorite section of Paris, but the Metro and bus take you anywhere you want to go, anyway. Have a wonderful trip!

Posted by
83 posts

Your 7 year old will love the Studio Park because there is a new "Toy Story" area, as of summer 2010, with rides. This area is neither in Florida nor California. It was a day for the kids, "No old buildings and no churches." We did this at the end of out trip and did not even let our child know there was a Disney just to surprise him. Have a great time. And remember that you will return to Paris, so look at this trip to Disney as a day of down time. Even as adults, we enjoyed his excitement and still felt the European relaxation. The park was beautiful and there is a dragon under the castle! One very important tip: on the Metro ride back to Paris, make sure you are sitting and find a seat very fast.

Posted by
23 posts

We are big Disney fans, so the chance to see Disney in action in Europe is something we can't miss. I am wondering about the posts that say Paris is cheaper to spend the night in. Are you figuring in the cost of round trip train fares? We like to be at the Park as the gates open to reduce wait times on rides, so staying on site is an advantage for us. It looks like if we stay an extra night on sight, it is only $100 and includes free breakfast. I can't find a place to stay in Paris for under $120. Any suggestions on economical places to stay in Paris? Thanks

Posted by
9100 posts

That does indeed sound like a good deal....are you sure you are being quoted a price in US dollars and not British Pounds???? The official DL Paris website caters to British tourists so I've noticed a lot of prices are actually in pounds. But if you can get a good price then go for it, and stay on-property a couple of nights.

Posted by
331 posts

'Also I would like to apologise in advance for the abuse you are about to receive for committing the 'crime' of visiting an amusement park while on holiday'. Thanks Michael, it would seem you have successfully taken the wind out of the sails of the' abusers', depriving them of a first rate opportunity. Otherwise why the silence?

Posted by
8293 posts

Is it not just a tiny bit arrogant to apologize in advance for what someone else, totally unknown to you, may or may not say? If my husband, say, were to apologize to friends at a dinner party for something I have not yet said, I would consider that abusive, at the worst, and extremely ill-mannered at the best. As people on this board often say, "just sayin'".

Posted by
9100 posts

I guess you missed that that wink ";)" at the end of the statement which indicated that I was making a joke.

Posted by
4407 posts

Bob, are you REALLY going to Disneyland while on vacation in EUROPE?!? Of all the bone-headed things to do... That's a day of missed opportunites to show those kids some culture. They should be in a museum somewhere, learning something. Hrrrmph! (heh-heh) (shhhhhh - actually, I kinda like to check out McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut, etc., when and if the opportunity presents itself; I don't really seek them out. I like to compare them to what we have here...Same thing goes for grocery stores - I could spend A LOT of time just looking...and do! Remember - lips sealed...)

Posted by
4637 posts

O.K. so I have to say it. It amuses me that somebody goes to Europe to see typical American thing in my opinion not worth it. But that's freedom, it's there, they want to see it so why not.

Posted by
8293 posts

Michael, I guess Shoni missed the "wink" too.

Posted by
2713 posts

Bob, If you can find a good rate on one of the Disney hotels or one of the nearby hotels, go for it. Just don't expect any of the Disney hotels to be as nice as the ones in the US. And regarding the Studios, I should have mentioned that I am a theme park wimp I don't ride the wild roller coasters. I think the Tower of Terror is kind of fun, but it scare me. I was not aware of the new Toy Story area that might be more my speed. :) I didn't think the Studios park was very attractive, whereas Disneyland was really beautiful. I enjoyed strolling around seeing how the park differed from the US parks and riding on some of the rides. Your kids may be looking for a different experience. I thought this site was really helpful: http://allears.net/tp/dlp/disneylandparis.htm

Posted by
9100 posts

..."Michael, I guess Shoni missed the "wink" too.." It would seem that Shoni was in on the joke. So Norma what's your favorite ride at Disney????? Tower of Terror or It's a Small World?

Posted by
813 posts

Go to www.disboards.com Pan down on the boards listing and there's one for Disney Paris. They have a lot of good info there.
If you're going to do Disney Paris, there are some smaller hotels just a few minutes away from the park that are cheaper than the Disney/Disneypartner hotels and offer free shuttle service. Personally, I like being just a few minutes from the front gate. The parks won't take you more than a day a piece to go through, so it's worth the time saver to stay by them.