Please sign in to post.

Disneyland Paris

I see so many mixed views on Euro Disney, as a 40 year old and his mum being in Paris late March and never had the chance of seeing any disney parks before is it worth it?. I am a big kid at heart. Are the crowds busy all year or is this a better time to go.

Posted by
9106 posts

First I'd like to apologize in advance for any abuse you might receive for wanting to visit an amusement part while you are on vacation:) IMO,if you're into Disney and amusement parks in general, it's well worth your time. Most Disney buffs consider DL Paris most visually appealing; Cinderella's Castle is stunning! March will definitely be less crowded, but there will be thousands of people there; it's still popular when it's cold out:) Be advised that there are two parks at Euro Disney with desperate admission: DL Paris which is similar to Magic Kingdom, and the Studios Park. The latter has more of the high-adrenalin rides like Tower of Terror, and the Rockin Roller Coaster. It's not worth it to stay at one of the Disney operated hotels. They're overpriced and poorly run. It's easy to reach the complex from central Paris by RER train, the station is located in front of the castle.

Posted by
408 posts

Elton,
I love all the Disney parks and if you had not had the chance to visit one then you should for sure go to the Disney Park in Paris. I visited it a few years ago and thought is was not as nice as the one in Anaheim but it is still a magical place to visit. The lines get long but you can use a fast pass if they offer them in Paris. Have a fun time.

Posted by
1068 posts

If you like Disney, then by all means, check out Euro Disney. Personally? I loathe and detest Disney and all that it stands for. But if that is what you like - seriously - go for it! Others might excoriate you for that choice, but only you know what will give you a thrill and make for a memorable vacation! March should still be fairly tame, crowds-wise. Seeing as you are from Australia, you are probably less likely to be able to visit Orlando (??? forgive me if that is an incorrect assumption) or California, so Euro Disney may be your big chance to check it out. Goodness knows that a lot of time and energy and art and design time is spent making sure that the parks are engineered for maximum fun and stuff to do. So.... I say "go for it." And don't let anyone dissuade you, if that's what you like.

Posted by
11507 posts

Since you haven't been to a |DL park yet in the States then I say go for it,, but stay in Paris and just go out for a day ( about 40 minutes on train, easy)

Posted by
17 posts

Many thanks for the replies,
One day I will get the chance to get over to the states and see the real thing, I am in Europe for work and thought I could spend a day or 2 soaking up the Disney magic, we all need to feed the child within sometimes. To see a decent part of the parks, will 2 full days do it. I realise to do everything would take forever but to get a feel for it, or a 3rd day required, I guess the waiting time for attractions will decide this.

Posted by
11507 posts

Elton,, as an adult with no small kids in tow,, I seriously doubt youwill want three whole days in Disney.. I have taken two of my kids there ,, on seperate trips,, once with my son when he was 14, then on another trip , with my 11 yr old daughter. Neither of them wanted to spend two days there , let alone three,, and we went in the summer when it was busy,, but felt we completely covered the DP in one day. We did not bother with other park,, but apparently it can be done in a day also, so theres two days. Learn how to use the Fast Passes( they issue timed entry tickets to the most popular attractions). For a different idea,, have you considered visiting Park Asterix,, its very popular and has way more thrill rides.

Posted by
813 posts

Two days is plenty. If you like, stay the night out at one of the Disney hotels, it's fun and that time of year you may get a really good rate. Why not, you should go have fun. For more info, visit: http://www.disboards.com/
There's a Paris Disney forum. You will find the answers to all your questions and more there.

Posted by
17 posts

Thanks all, will be in Paris for the week so will keep an eye out for the right days to head over and soak up the Disney Magic.

Posted by
1878 posts

We went to Disneyland Paris in 2001, and found it worthwhile. We had been to Paris in 2000, and the 2001 trip was an unexpected bonus, so we did not feel too bad at the time burning a day in Paris to go to Disneyland Paris. The food was great, as you would expect in France. Expensive though. We took the train in from Paris. The two things I remember most are the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea exhibit, which I kept expecting to be a submarine ride, but which was just an exhibit. That, and the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad which ran backwards the whole way... so zany. There was something about Space Mountain that referred to Jules Verne as well. They did a really nice job of trying to honor French culture at the park. These days I would not spend a day in Paris at Disney, but I am glad that we did back then.