Please sign in to post.

Disneyland Paris

Any helpful info. on navigating DP and hotel? I tried to book online at Disneyland Hotel and it was close to $700/night USD!! Other hotels in areas are much cheaper..does anyone know why this is and/or have recommendations of which ones to stay in with kids?

Posted by
1170 posts

I have no idea but from what I read about DP it didn't sound too impressive. Then again, maybe it's because I wouldn't go to France to visit Disney.

Posted by
151 posts

Two years ago, my husband and I stopped there for one night before we went to Paris, mostly to regroup weeks of travel. Anyway, we did not want to pay a lot, so we took what might be a budget type room. It was a Southwest Clint Eastwood theme and DP just does not have the US standards. Our room had been broken into previously as the door around the lock was all chewed up. We asked for another room and the same thing with that door as well. We did not feel safe. I am sorry, I cannot offer any suggestions.

Posted by
9369 posts

I'm a little unsure about why you'd want to pay the euro price for a worse experience than you could have in Florida for a dollar-based price, but the reason the hotel costs so much more than nearby properties is that it is Disney. They figure they have a captive audience in people who only want to do Disney. But if you plan to stay, I'd definitely look at other hotels nearby. Just like in Florida, it costs more to stay on-property.

Posted by
9109 posts

Don't stay at any of the on site Disney hotels. I did that once and they are very poorly run. Architecturally they are nice, but way over priced. I would just do DL as a day trip from Paris. Its very easy to reach the theme parks via the RER trains.

Posted by
342 posts

Janna, we were at DP in 2000. We did it as a day trip from Paris. We were staying in the Monte Marte area at the time and one day was all we needed. We enjoyed the different take on the Disney expieriance, and would recommend going. Consider doing it as a day trip and decide for yourself if you would go back.

Posted by
14 posts

You're going to Paris and you're going to waste a day there by going to DISNEYLAND?

Posted by
11507 posts

Teresa,, people with kids do Disney sometimes. I agree with you, but , I did take my son there for one day,, we were in Europe for three weeks, and I took him to many museums and cultural sites, and it is fair to say some of them bored him, so , as a reward so to speak , I put up with Disney for a day.

Janna, I totally agree with others, do Disney as a day trip ( unless kids are very young, in which case that might be a drag) , or better yet Disney in LA is closer and honestly , its better, but if you must...

If you must stay at Disney, look at the off property choices, and I also suggest you look on tripadvisor.com , go to there France forums, then go to Marne La Vallee( which is Disney) and ask about hotels etc there, it is a busy board and you will get more specific answers there.

Posted by
9109 posts

This will probably drive you nuts Teresa :) About two years ago I started a European vacation by taking an early morning flight to from NY to Orlando and heading directly to the Animal Kingdom Park to check out a new roller coaster that just opened. After a few hours I took a taxi back to the Orlando Airport took a direct evening flight to CDG airport, from there went straight to DL Paris and spent a few hours checking out a new attraction that had just opened there. Travel isn't all about art museums, cathedrals, and castles. For me doing mindless, frivolous, activities like theme parks, wax museums, and zoos, is a great way for me to kick-back turn-off my brain for a few hours and forget the current events taking place on this planet.

Posted by
920 posts

Janna:

For some more Disney-centric responses, try www.disboards.com. Most of the forums relate to DisneyWorld, but there is a forum for Disneyland Paris. These people are REALLY into the whole Disney experience, so they're the best ones to ask Disney-related questions of.

I'm looking forward to doing a Disney day-trip from Paris too!

Teresa, Seattle

Posted by
151 posts

Two years ago, my son (14 at the time) was at camp in Germany. They took a day trip to Europapark and he loved it! He said it was a lot better than Disney and we live near Orlando. He would like to go back and take us with him as he thought so highly of it. Maybe an alternative and new adventure to Disney.

Posted by
8 posts

For info on Disnyland Paris, I recommend www.dlrpmagic.com. It has a lot of detail info on the attractions. It's mostly populated by Brits who visit regularly. They have a lot of suggestions on other hotels in the area, both Disney and non-Disney. And yes the Disneyland Hotel is by far the most expensuve.

Posted by
104 posts

Janna -

We are planning to visit Disneyland Paris as well - we will be doing it as a day trip from Paris. I believe there is an RER train that makes a direct trip. I'm sorry you've received some negative responses. Have a great trip!

Heather