Please sign in to post.

Cooking classes in Provence

I'll be visiting Provence in October, staying 2 nights in each city (Marseille, Avignon, Aix-en-Provence and Arles). I've been looking for inexpensive cooking classes that don't take up the whole day. Can anyone suggest a website or name?

Posted by
118 posts

My wife and I took a cooking class in a town called Goult just a half hour from Avignon a couple years ago. Our class lasted a week and was very good. There are shorter classes offered. each day was travel to one of the small towns near there to visit markets and buy for the dinner. We would then have several hours to explore and returned to his cooking school at three, cooking for three hours and then dinner about eight in his restaurant. His name is Chef Patrick Payet., www.famous-proevnce.com email, [email protected]
Good luck, that is truly a beautiful part of France.

Posted by
80 posts

Is this an easy place to get to by bus? I won't have a rental car.

Posted by
118 posts

I am really sorry but we had a car to drive around and didn't pay any attention to public transportation. I do think that a car makes it much easier to explore that area. The larger cities have good public transportation. The driving in the country is very pleasant and easy as the roads are well marked. For this cooking school, a car is a must. Hope this helps.

Posted by
44 posts

In Aix, you should look into Renne Sammut's bistrot called Le Passage - I think they may offer cooking classes there - http://www.le-passage.fr/

-Kevin