Please sign in to post.

Christmas in Paris

There are eight of us in Paris on Christmas. I have been learning that many places are closed for eating and reservations are needed in advance. I have no idea what will be around where we are staying, Hotel Bonaparte. Can I wait until I get there and talk to the people at the hotel or should I email them and ask for them to make a reservation?
Also, will reservations for the Eiffel Tower be necessary at this time? Thanks.

Posted by
524 posts

Mary I would ask the hotel for advice first. Ask what type of meals are available at restaurants and what the cost would be pp without wine if that is an issue. Advise them there will be 8 of you as that might be an issue. Hopefully, you will be corresponding with someone who will be helpful and specific. And then ask them to make a reservation for you. As I was researching your question on Chowhound, the advice was that actually Christmas Eve is the most difficult time to get a restaurant meal. Another suggestion was to eat Chinese! Good Luck. Let us know what you decide. Bobbie

Posted by
6 posts

Thanks, Bobbie. I will email the hotel and ask for their help. Any thoughts on making reservations for the Eiffel Tower?

Posted by
10318 posts

A lot is closed but you can be pretty sure that the Asian enclaves in the 13th and the Belleville neighborhood will be open and buzzing. You might want to check Chowhound's Paris board for more info on these restaurants. This is a good opportunity for you to see a different side of Paris.

Posted by
635 posts

I've not personally been there on Christmas Day but the Jewish Quarter should be business-as-usual.