Please sign in to post.

Christmas in Paris 2013

I arrive in Paris the morning of December 23rd and leave the morning of December 26. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do on Christmas Day? What restaurants are open on Christmas Day? Tried to buy Eiffel Tower tickets on line for 12/23 to 12/26 and they are sold out. Any suggestions? Has any one dined at the Jules Verne restaurant in the Eiffel Tower? I can't seem to pull up the menu on the Eiffel Tower sight to see what the cost will be.
Thank you!

Posted by
32518 posts

dined at the Jules Verne restaurant in the Eiffel Tower? ... what the cost will be

If you need to know the price you can't afford it. I seem to remember somebody posting something in the range €400 per person a couple of months back.

Posted by
224 posts

There is another less expensive restaurant on a lower level of the Tower, I haven't eaten at either restaurant so can't comment, here is the link for the other restaurant:
http://www.restaurants-toureiffel.com/UK/EIFFEL-TOWER-RESTAURANTS/58-TOUR-EIFFEL/Dinner-in-paris-eiffel-tower.html

I have been to the champagne bar, thumbs up!
http://www.restaurants-toureiffel.com/UK/EIFFEL-TOWER-RESTAURANTS-PARIS/CHAMPAGNE-BAR-EIFFEL-TOWER-PARIS.html

If you are looking for a restaurant with a good view, there is also one on the top floor of the Centre Geogres Pompidou which we really enjoyed, the restaurant was called Le Georges.

I'm sorry I don't have suggestions for tickets, but I've seen threads on that topic on this site so I would suggest searching the site, this site always has great tips and advice!

Posted by
11 posts

Les Violon d'Ingress is open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It's very near the Eiffel Tower, in the 7th arr. Expensive, but the restaurant is owned by Michelin starred chef Christian Constant. you can also try his other two less expensive restaurants on the same street, Les Cocottes, and Cafe Constant. Both are excellent. i'm sure they are open on Christmas Eve, not sure about Christmas Day. Also, you could try Les Ombres, the restaurant on top of the Quai Branly museum. It has a glass roof and is directly across from the Eiffel Tower. Spectacular view, however the food is pricey and not as good as the view. Call soon for reservations.