Please sign in to post.

Christmas in Paris

I am also planning to spend a portion of the Holiday in Paris, although I think we will leave Christmas Day around 6 PM Houston time and not arrive until the 26th, I think the lights should still be up and going. Anyone know. I know in Houston, some areas shut theirs down the day after Christmas, and this is the part I'm looking forward to. If anyone has any suggestions, I find these posts very helpful and will pay it forward when I return and share my fabulous finds. It's my husbands first time in Paris, and my last. I have cancer and this is my final bucket list item, so it is going to be great. Tons of photos to last him a lifetime!!! I can't wait, we'll have fun no matter what, we just enjoy the experience, but having a plan is great for me. Thanks.

Posted by
10249 posts

The decorations, though more subtle than what we are used to here, will still be up and the Christmas markets will still be open. Dress warmly, wear comfy shoes, be prepared to spend more time indoors, and you will have a great time. When we were there over the holidays we rented an apartment. We were happy we did, as Parisian hotel rooms are tiny and we usually ended up calling it a night earlier in the evening and spending more time in the apartment than when we have traveled with longer hours of daylight. I hope you have a magical time in Paris with your husband and make many wonderful memories together.

Posted by
8293 posts

Diane, you will love Paris at Christmas! The lights are stunningly beautiful on the Champs Elysees, and the Christmas market kiosks on both sides of the Champs are such fun. My favourite time of day at that time of year in Paris is after 4:00 pm when it is beginning to get dark and city looks its most marvellous. Buses NO. 42 and 69 are great for sight-seeing and both stop at Champs de Mars, a short walk from the Eiffel Tower. A good long bus ride will be welcome if you are cold and tired.